My girls make being a mom the absolute best adventure I’ve ever experienced!
With Thing 1 in Charleston, Thanksgiving 1999
Sweet kisses from Thing 2, Christmas Eve 2002
Thing 2 posted this on my fb and it literally made me laugh out loud! It’s so very Thing 2!
Even though she tagged her sister in it, I’m not sure she saw it. I’d love to read her answers too.
Mother’s Day is coming up! ADULT daughters…
How well do you know your Mom?
1. She is sitting in front of the TV, what is she watching?
Baseball if it’s in season, or something Joss Whedon created. Good runner-ups would be HGTV or food network.
2. What dressing does she eat on her salads?
(chopped garlic, lemon juice and olive oil)
3. Name something she hates?
4. What does she like to drink?
Wine, wine, cran-apple juice, and wine.
5. Favorite music to listen to?
Lots of British alt-pop
6. What is her nickname for you?
Punkin-belly Or, classic, (a combination of both girl’s names)!!
7. What is something she collects?
8. What would she eat every day if she could?
Melons? If that were possible?
(I’m allergic but love watermelon.)
9. What is her favorite color?
Tiffany blue, bitch!
10. What would she never wear?
….white shoes after labor day?
(I’m a good Southern girl.)
11. What is her favorite sports team?
NATS! NATS! NATS! WOOO!
12. What is something that you don’t do that she wishes you did?
Answer my phone, visit.
13. You bake her a cake, what is it?
Probably not very delicious.
14. Favorite animal?
Alligators? Robin birds?
(Yes. Yes. and kitties)
15. What could she spend all day doing?
Certainly not making napkins. Perhaps taking photos or writing?
(I laughed, definitely not making napkins!)
16. Who is her favorite child?
Used to be me, is most definitely Thing 1 now.
17. What’s her favorite candy?
18. How many brothers and sisters does she have?
19. Favorite alcoholic beverage?
Wine? Mimosa? Cosmo?
20. You’re in jail and you call her, what’s her response?
$20 on the table, it’s “Jesus Christ, Magdeline.”
(This made me cackle! That $20 is hers. She’s so right! I didn’t know that’s what I’d say until I read it. Of course I’d ask if she was OK very first…but that is absolutely my “annoyed with her” phrase.)
Mother’s Day is tricky for me. I no longer have a mom…I’m not near my own children…but I loved being a daughter and I absolutely love being a mother.
I wouldn’t trade being the mom of my girls for anything in the world!
They helped me become the woman I am.
Hope it was a beautiful Mother’s Day, dear Robyn. 🍷🍾🌹